Friday 20 July 2012

The Battle


…between your head and your heart.
You know exactly what I mean. When you know what’s the most logical option. The best option when analysed and looked at objectively. In essence, what you SHOULD do; that’s what you’re head is telling you.
Then when it’s your heart talking, you usually will have a totally irrational impulse, governed entirely by feelings and compulsion, and more often than not, by love.
And what do you follow? The safe logical option, or the stupid emotionally entangling option?
Truth is, I always follow my heart. It gets me hurt. I get fucked over and hurled back out of a twisting whirlpool of emotions, bruised and battered and lonely. 
BUT despite all of that, I’d much rather take those opportunities, follow my heart, my gut feeling, who I love… than miss out on life. I’d rather do that than date safe guys and feel nothing and march through life with everything organised down to the last minute detail. Spontaneity? Irrationality? RISKS? They’re part of life, and I intend to live to the absolute full.
The reason I write this is because it hit me just this morning the fundamental difference between somebody in my life who is very important and me. Whereas I always follow my heart, he always follows his head. It is just an interesting subject for me. 
Head or heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment